Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review - Nurse 3D

Abby Russell (Paz De La Huerta) is a great nurse, who on her off time lures cheating men to their deaths in order to rid the world of their disgusting behavior. But, when she develops a crush on Danni (Katrina Bowden), the new nurse on the unit all boundary lines get bloody blurred. 

I had seen the great looking posters and watched the trailer,but I was still on the fence about this film, but I like to give horror movies a fair chance. So, I will start off by saying that I understand that they were going for a single white female campy style horror movie, which can be entertaining if done correctly, but sadly this wasn't. There were so many flaws with this film I lost count and my "what the hell" kind of moments just kept adding up as the film went along. Not to give out spoilers, but I am pretty sure nurses do not wear that style of uniform any longer nor do they wear fetish style shoes for 12 hr shifts. Okay that could be a bit nit picky, but if you can look past the medical inaccuracies, the fact that no one wears gloves when handling patients and that the narration voice doesn't sound like it matches Abby's at all through out the entire film. The one thing I couldn't get past was the uneven, predictable and some times laughable (not in a good way) story line and dialogue. Some of it was so bad I had Showgirl flashbacks! I think the biggest problem I had was with the lead actress. Her acting was choppy and it almost felt like she was speaking in slow motion. Plus I never really bought her as this femme fatale style seductress.....no matter how many times she got naked.....and on to that.

I am sure this is not the proper statement to make, but I am not proper so I will just go ahead and say it..... I am pretty sure men will love his movie just for the sheer amount of T&A in this film. Now, don't get me wrong I like to see some T&A in horror movies I mean face it, it's pretty much par for the course in horror movies, but it just got to the point where I wanted to scream "go put some panties on"! 

The kills were lackluster and once again predictable. Much like the title says this was filmed in 3D and the kills only benefit from the 3D medium.  

Overall, I really wanted to like this film and for it to be one of those hidden gems that it's so bad it's good horror films, but there was just to much damage to ever revive this film.

1 comment: